Wednesday, January 2, 2008

me, the hott bookworm

Here is a list of the books I have read so far over winter break -- which, for us lucky stiffs at private school, is two weeks long (ching ching). Enjoy, and try looking at these; each red title is a link.

1. Night by Elie Wiesel (for about the hundredth time; I adore this man with all my heart, once I saw him speak and it was amazing)
2. Born Standing Up by Steve Martin (I knew nothing about the comedian's life before this, it's almost amazing, but it is a celebrity's memoir, so...)
3. Heavy Words Lightly Thrown by Chris Roberts (positively hilarious, my grandpa gave it to me and I highly recommend it)
4. The Complete Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi (a beautiful comic, now a major award-winning motion picture, reminiscent of the astonishing Maus by Art Spiegelman)
5. Grendel by John Gardner (a postmodern companion to Beowulf...kind of difficult to get through and pretty whiney, but a witty read all the same)

Right now, I'm reading An Arsonist's Guide to Writers' Homes in New England by Brock Clarke. I'm determined to make my English teacher accept me as his best student if it takes more reading than I healthily should be doing. 6 books over break is my goal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I am reading Rune Marks at the moment and I am writing a story.
I have read about three books this holidays with is a real downer for me. I usaually read about 20-100 depending on the size.

Anonymous said...

Z, you scare me a little bit.

You are what -- 12?

Now, go read a "Sweet Valley High" or something so I can sleep at night.

Love to your moms,

;-)

Leah